Wanted volunteers - saturday morning -

Monday, January 29, 2007

An extraordinary experience...

I've been contemplating this idea of joining an NGO since long...am glad that I could finally move one step ahead & get associated with the Dream School Foundation...

There goes a saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side"...My experience at the school has only reinforced my realisation that I am one of those lucky ones to have my foot on the greener side...
I have read quite a few articles about the under-privileged sector of our society, but it's nothing close to experiencing the veracity in person...Come face to face with the kids & you sure will be left rapt !! It's amazing that even though they are deprived of the very essentials, that every child has a right to, they radiate so much of exuberance & are so eager to learn...These kids so convincingly portray all the rare qualities that maybe even I, as a child, might have been nervous about; then why must they be deprived of their right to chilhood ? Just a thought to ponder...

Am sure it's only the beginning...I hope to make a positive difference...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am really glad u r getting involved in such a noble cause. Good Luck and GOD Bless !!!!!

Unknown said...

I came to know of your foray last weekend. Felt very proud of you for taking that step towards helping kids. Hope they and you in turn get blessed by this. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

You make us proud, keep up the good work...All the best.. :-)

The1Ju said...

Wow Hena! very noble cause...continue to spread the word. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hena I am very proud of you.Good luck

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB HENS REALLY PROUD OF !KEEU UP THE GOOD WORK!

Unknown said...

Hey Hena

Its really the great work you are doing!!
Keep it up...

Anonymous said...

Hena,
I saw your first blog; well written, articulated and you
wrote what you saw and felt. Even if you are not going to the
social work full time now, continue such giving work
as a part of your life.Congrat and good luck on this venture to reality in life. Your initiative is also in line with my signature. Such work will also
make you feel good as giving is great.You have the initiative, originality and you could
do many good things in life. Keep the drive on and be
determined. Also enjoy life and the work you do.

Best wishes
anil banerjee

Unknown said...

Hey Hena,

Really amazing start... but my advice to u, you must keep on the good work !!! It'll become harder every day to take out time from your busy schedule with work, family ties etc. ; but the catch lies there. But, knowing you - your determination will most certainly get you there !! Excellent work & if you need any help from me (in Del, preferably) let me know & I'd be more than eager to help out in any way possible. All the very best :)